This BMW Electric Sedan – the i7 – Electrifies the Luxury Sedan Segment
BMW calls the all-electric 2023 i7 its “masterpiece,” while MotorTrend.com calls it (in a good way) “shockingly brutal.” By any description, the BMW i7 is going to be a worthy competitor to the Tesla Model S and the Mercedes-Benz EQS in the luxury electric sedan segment.
The 2023 BMW i7 can be preordered now until June 23 with delivery expected beginning next January. Be sure to specify that you’re ordering and want delivery through Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch.
In every way, it’s a BMW 7 Series with all the luxury and superb handling you’ve come to expect. But…it’s all-electric!
The official name of the new i7 is the 2023 BMW i7 xDrive60. Going just by the numbers, it stacks up to be not just a masterpiece, but a monster vehicle:
- Range based on EPA test procedure standards estimated at 300 miles.
- Battery pack rated at 101.7-usable-kWH is produced in Germany with hydro energy.
- Horsepower of 536, with acceleration from zero-60 mph in 4.5 seconds with a top speed of 149 mph.
- Two electric motors power an axle apiece, providing AWD.
- Charges from 10 percent to 80 percent in 34 minutes; get 80 miles in 10 minutes.
- Three years of free, unlimited charging with Electrify America are included in purchase.
- Adaptive air suspension and self-leveling tech raises and lowers i7 based on driving mode or speed.
Car and Driver reports that “the i7’s acceleration is assertive and its cabin is exceedingly quiet when cruising.”
The BMW i7 comes with an amazing suite of technological features – infotainment, navigation and safety. In the cockpit there’s are to large screens: the digital gauge cluster paired with a touchscreen that provides access to BMW’s iDrive 8 infotainment suite. Rear passengers get their own 5.5-inch screens so they can control some functions themselves. There’s also an available, ceiling-mounted, fold-down theater screen; paired with its superb stereo system and power window shades, it’s a great place to watch a show or movie. Where else can you get sound animations done by an Oscar-award winning composer (“Dune”).
The extensive driver assistance technologies include one that allows drivers to take their hands off the wheel (but eyes must stay on the road!) for long periods and it can park itself with the driver either inside or out of the seat. There’s a head-up display for showing driving data on the windshield.
The interior is everything you’d expect in a luxury vehicle, including seats that massage, heat and cool. Rear seats are power-adjustable and recline.
You can pre-order the 2023 i7 right now. Some rules apply:
- Must be ordered through the official pre-order page.
- Down payment is $1,500.
- Only two i7s can be ordered from the same home address and are non-transferrable or assignable to others.
- Only one i7 can be placed on a single credit card.
Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch is excited to be able to offer this stellar electrified BMW i7 flagship sedan. It’s the next big step the automaker is taking to offer electric versions of all its models.